Saturday 3 October 2009

Show drew a tear...


The show on fthers was great. Super story from HP chan. Here is my performance:
*
Konnichiwa Dear Patrons.
Our show theme today is Fathers,
so here are a few related haiku,
some old, some new, to enjoy.
*
Oh, gracious father
take my hand, and lead me on
your trail of wisdom.
*
Ballgames, pro wrestling,
chatting while fishing the river
(Dad gave me his time).
*
Father’s day
teeth missing
from the pocket comb.
*
Piano practice
in the room above me
my father shouting.
*
Two lines in the water . . .
not a word between
father and son.
*
His vomit wiped up
my bowl of Wheaties
soggy now.
*
Prayers over
dad’s casket descends
through a maze of severed roots.
*
Father’s Day
she tells me
I’m not the father.
*
Putting on my socks -
that little grunt
dad always made.
*
Almost sunset
the weekend dad
drags a sled up the hill.
*
Old passport
the tug
of my father’s smile.
*
Sick in bed -
my son pelts the window
with snowballs.
*
Spring sun-
high in his arms
the newborn is shown.
*
First breath
after the caesarean
my son’s birth.
*
Opening day
in separate bleacher’s
the boy’s parents.
*
Where is my Father?
Does he watch down over me now?
Do I make him proud?
*
Cold April morning --
the scent of
dad's old shirt.
*
Praiseworthy hero
Like a candle in my mind
Blazing intensely
*
Dad is a hero
Keeps me unscathed from danger
Likeable and neat.
*
It's easy to see
The relationship between
My father and me.
*
He fills hearts with joy
Strong and wise and there for me
Always my idol.
*
His pure white silk shirt
A familiar fragrance
I never forget.
*
A friendly image
Glasses perched upon his nose
I love him so much.
*
His velvet black shoes
Touch the ground, softly, gently
Laces tied neatly.
*
I like to greet him
A smile stretched across my face
I wait by the door.
*
Loving and happy
The memories with him I'll
Cherish forever.
*
Some people's heroes
Are celebrities or stars
My hero's my Dad.
*
Looks like it's not always easy being a father!
Thank you for your kind attention…

No comments:

Post a Comment