Thursday 1 October 2009

Great show, low turn out


We put on a lovely show last night, pity only a few patrons turned up to watch. The Saturday show looks to be 3 of the same performers. Not sure what has happened to all the okiya sisters...
Here are the haiku from last night:
*
I reach for you
empty arms return
the night is chill
*
I wake in dampness
stretching toward the light
struck dumb by the fog
*
Were I to leave shore
would the waves swallow me up
would I return in spring?
*
Dark clouds hovering
obscuring the sun’s hot rays
rain is sure to fall
*
Winter settles in
will the heat of summer
keep me warm
*
Where fires burn today
next year after the spring rain
morels will sprout
*
Bereft of their blooms
do the thorny rose bushes
grieve as much as I?
*
Would I were the crab
who so swiftly sheds his shell
when it hurts too much
*
Oh curious bug
climbing up the southern wall
don’t look down on me
*
Would I travel far
if I had six legs and wings
or would I stay home?
*
I wrestle with thoughts
that crack my resolve
autumn breezes pass
*
Weeding my garden
in the hot noon sun of July
I thirst for you love
*
Autumn clouds looming low
assuming fantastic shapes
if I could only fly
*
When the frost comes back
portending the coming snows
will I be patient
*
Those fleecy mountains
rising on the western ridge
my name called clearly
*
Was I someone bad
did I do some awful thing
cancer’s come to call
*
I seem to have learned
much about pain
this winter
*
Songs don’t sing themselves
they need many instruments
on many branches
*
Spring was foggy
why didn’t I know that
until winter came
*
The melons grow large now
we’d better make use of them
before winter comes
*
Trudging through the snow
as the red salmon swimming
against the current
*
Has my life become
like the hapless horseshoe
leaning against the pin
*
Yellow rose petals
lying in the shallow dish
along with some red
*
Laughter of the spring
will their joys be muffled
in the winter snow
*
Fiery august skies
raindrops quickly soak my clothes
my body shivers
*
Sultry august rain
tomatoes fatten themselves
roses push skyward
*
Will I find the words
to capture this autumn day
before winter comes?
*
My cucumbers hide
under their broad protective leaves
hot July sun
*
Fiery august sky
huge torrential drenching
clothes cling to my skin
*
Heavy my garments
quickly drenched my skin
cloudburst in august
*
Fiery tendrils
tree trunk shattered in twain
august strikes again
*
Steam rising from the bay
crabs lurking in the seaweed
July at the beach
*
August at the beach
wisps of smoke floating, stinging
jellyfish rule the day
*
Thank you for your kind attention…

No comments:

Post a Comment