Saturday 6 June 2009

Special D-Day celebrations







A notecard today from Geo san with a lovely haiku.
Returned from journey,
All is green splashed with color -
But you are not here.

Started the day early by opening the tea house with this haiku, no customers came.HP chan and Alena chan came to assist, so we had a play with some musical instruments. Alena chan now has a koto, sanshin, morrin kurr, harmonica, shakuhachi and shamisen. I got out my harp. I tried a gong I'd just got. Think I'll make my own one day. Alena chan pointed me at a free gong sound place. HO has opened her shop. There's a vendor machine that I could put some of my things in. We'll see how it goes. This afternoon was a special party day at Southsea seafront to mark the 65th anniversary of the D-Day landings on June 6th 1944. Highlight was 1,000,000 British Legion poppies dropped from a Hercules plane. That's what the photos are. 1. far away, 2. right on top of me, 3. Their final resting place...

No comments:

Post a Comment